Help the Space Economy Revolution!

From Adriano Autino Tecnologie di Frontiera <adriano.autino@xxxxxx>
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:42:51 +0100

*

HELP THE SPACE ECONOMY REVOLUTION!

*/ /

The global economy is entering a deep crisis, the worst since 1929. This is the second act of the "Crisis of Closed-World Ideologies", which has been developing throughout the XX Century.

In 1991, the fall of the Berlin wall was the Crisis of Collectivist Ideology. The recent massive failure of the financial system is the Crisis of Neo-Liberal Ideology. Both these ideologies failed because they are based upon a closed-world, terro-centric philosophy.

There are now almost 7 billion humans making massive demands on planet Earth: we urgently need to open the frontier, and move to a wider vision of our world, so as to access geo-lunar system resources and energy. In short, we need a new /"Open World Philosophy"/. The alternative would be the implosion and collapse of our civilization.

The most promising event of the current time, the emerging countries' industrial revolution, will very soon have to face the dramatic insufficiency of the energy and other resources of the Earth. Because of this they are destined to fail if they remain locked within our planetary boundaries.

There are some encouraging signs, pointing the way out of such confinement: in 2004, Scaled Composites proved that low-cost space travel is feasible - as it has been for 50 years. And both China and India have the Moon in their sights: they seem to understand clearly that space offers an alternative to a darkening future.

This is because it is now evident that any closed-world strategy will result in tragedy, as the 1930s depression ended with World War II. Today, since the energy and resources of planet Earth are not enough, it is far too likely that this crisis will end with a terrible holocaust, if we do not reach outside our world to obtain new resources and energy.

Consequently if G20 discussions are to solve the economic crisis, they must include plans for geolunar system industrialization, as the only sustainable direction for development, since this will make non-terrestrial resources and energy available. If governments are to give out financial aid, it should not be to obsolete industrial segments like banking and automobiles!

*

Help should be given to the most promising industrial revolution of our age: the ignition of the space economy, which can only be based on low-cost space travel. This means, initially, rapidly developing low-cost space travel, industrialization of the Moon, space solar power supply, and accessing extra-terrestrial resources from asteroids and cometoids!

*

There need be no depression if we aim high! If we want our civilization to continue, and to reach a higher ethical level, a new Renaissance is necessary and urgent - a Space Renaissance, the industrial and cultural revolution of our age!

Stock exchanges are burning billions each week, but what are they burning? Only bits of information in bank accounts. Real wealth is not money, but technologies and the potential for work: with 7 billion intelligences, Humanity has never been so rich!

The above is clearly evident to all astronautic humanists, but not to our political leaders!

*

WILL WE REMAIN SILENT, WAITING FOR THEM TO REACH UNDERSTANDING BY THEMSELVES?

*

This is a call to the thousands of astronautic humanists, space activists, and all visionaries of a space-faring humanity.

* *

*We must speak out loudly this time: the G20 should become G21, including a representative of future citizens of orbital and lunar cities and elsewhere in the Solar System*! If a nation is defined by a shared ideal, then we are a nation, the Land of the Space Renaissance, and our homeland is currently a region in cyberspace!

But we could hold a major Space Renaissance Forum, on the same days as the next G20, in April 2009, calling on all existing pro-space organizations and all sincere astro-humanists to join!

Please show your interest and help this idea: it could make a big difference by bringing this vital new idea to the attention of the public.

Add your signature to this call, *writing an email to info@xxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxx>*, <mailto:info@xxxxxx,> with [SR-FORUM] in the subject, thank you!

see also: http://www.tdf.it/SRI/sri-call.htm/
http://www.spacerenaissance.org/

Adriano Autino – adriano.autino (at) tdf.it - http://www.tdf.it/

Patrick Collins – patrick.collins (at) spacefuture.com - http://www.spacefuture,com/

Michael Martin-Smith – lagrangia (at) lagrangia.karoo.co.uk

Charles Radley – charles (at) stratowave.com

Alberto Cavallo – alberto.cavallo (at) eurinome.it

--
Adriano Autino
Technologies of the Frontier - Tecnologie di Frontiera